The Freeport Ski Team Boosters is an association of parent volunteers committed to helping RSU5’s skiers to develop and improve skills as well as affinity for the sport, be competitive; and to support the coaches’ enthusiasm for and commitment to working with our student-athletes in a safe and enjoyable program.
WHAT TEAMS DO THE FREEPORT SKI BOOSTERS SUPPORT?
- Freeport High School Alpine Team
- Freeport High School Nordic Team
- Freeport Middle School Alpine Team
- Freeport Middle School Nordic Team
HOW ARE FREEPORT SKI TEAMS FUNDED?
RSU5 funds approximately $36,000 to the high school and middle school ski programs. These funds include:
- HS and MS head coaching
- Some basic supplies and equipment
- League, practice, and race fees; lift tickets/Nordic passes
- Practice and Meet busing/transportation
The RSU also partially funds uniforms on an established uniform replacement cycle.
HOW DO THE FREEPORT SKI TEAM BOOSTERS PROVIDE SUPPORT?
The group organizes fundraisers to provide funds for the following:
- High School State Meet for our teams (locating and reserving accommodations, planning and purchasing
food, and chaperoning).
- Holiday Vacation Week Training Camp for the high school Nordic skiers; supplemental training clinics for
- An assistant Nordic coach position at the middle school.
- Supplemental uniforms and team clothing as needed
- Miscellaneous supplies, equipment, coaching needs such as clinics for coaches; roller skis, practice poles
and bases, wax tables and wax for special meets.
- To ensure that any RSU5 student who wants to be a member of either ski team does so regardless of
financial hardship. Please speak to the coach or Craig Sickels if assistance is needed.
To sustain an adequate budget, in addition to the fundraising events organized by the boosters, we request that
each family contributes the fees* suggested; each new skier receives a team hat included with this.
High school skiers – $100
Middle school skiers – $25
Multi-child, HS only – 2 skiers: $175.00 3 skiers: $250.00
Click here to pay for your membership.